Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A few coincidences in a row

1. On 23-24 December 2006, A-do performed with A*mei in the musical In Love with Carmen in Taipei.
2. A few months back, I read in the papers about A*mei going to Japan to perform in the musical Turandot, and a Chinese transliteration of the title happens to be杜兰朵.
3. Subsequently I read in Yuki Nakaji’s manga Zig Zag about a girl performing a solo extract from Turandot at her school’s open house.
4. A few weeks ago I looked up Zig Zag in Wikipedia… and discovered that the girl’s name is pronounced as Mei! (A*mei’s name was written in her album as Mei Chang.)

Wow… what a coincidence! Regretfully, I do not have the artistic talent to draw a comic of my expression upon making this discovery. I find it quite interesting though. (*^_^*)

No comments: