Saturday, October 18, 2008

6 January 2008: A-do's Release Singapore autograph session

Reading the threads on youyou and saw Alice's request for an English blog entry on this (if I interpret this correctly). This is what I posted on my personal blog then.
Well, it’s been 6 years since A-do started out in 2002, but he’s the same nice guy.

Like when he and a fan were supposed to act out a skit where she forgot to buy for him and the number he wanted came out as the 1st prize, his response was, “What…!” and then “Never mind… I am sure I will win the 1st prize again next week.” It was only a skit, but it spoke volumes of how he didn’t want to hurt another person’s feelings.

When he was throwing posters to the crowd, one fell onto the downward escalator which was some distance away from the stage. He immediately said, “Oh, careful!” to the people who were fighting for the poster near the railing. (I saw one guy from that group run down to retrieve the poster later.)

During my turn onstage, my hands were full with the album and camera and I was so engrossed in passing on the message from the forum people that I almost forgot to shake A-do’s hand. After hearing the message, his reply was, “Thank you, thank you for your support!” and then he stretched out his hand. Not too different from my 1st time in 2004, when my camera had switched off and he told us, “Your camera flash wasn’t on just now.” This is why I have been so eagerly awaiting his albums for the past few years.

The people in charge of running the session were generally nice, just like what I saw when I went to get A-do’s signature in 2004 and 2006. Miss Xiao Xiong, who accompanied A-do to Jurong Point yesterday, said thank you to the fans who went onstage to get their albums signed, and the people from radio 1003 were keeping an eye on the little kids who were present.

One more thing I almost forgot to mention: The booth selling albums at the venue were soon out of stock, looks like more people than expected showed up!

No comments: