Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Warmth just when I needed it

I was shivering a lot in the lecture theatre this afternoon. It was only when I went out for a toilet break that I realised that it had rained for the first time since Chinese New Year.

My bus home doesn’t stop near my lecture theatre today, so I had to walk out in the rain to take a shuttle back to my home faculty, then take the homeward bus. Fortunately, I got a seat, but on the flip side, I was seated under an air-con nozzle blasting out cold air. I started my phone’s music player and thought, “Now the song I would like to hear most now is 《温暖》(Wen Nuan/Warmth sung by A-do and Vicki Zhao on CCTV’s 2003 Chinese New Year countdown)…” Guess what, it was indeed the first song I heard. (My music player is usually on shuffle mode, so I get a variety of songs every time I listen.)

However, the air-con continued at full blast, so I got up a few stops before home and stood at the exit where there aren’t any nozzles. After I alighted I was (and still am) thankful it is a tropical climate I live in.

PS for passing Vicki fans: Just before I got up I think I heard someone playing Vicki’s 2005 song《我和上官燕》 (Wo He Shang Guan Yan/Me and Shang Guan Yan) on his phone.

My Chinese post on youyou.com: http://bbs.youyou.com/viewthread.php?tid=78886

No comments: