Friday, August 8, 2008

The release date of A-do’s first album 《天黑》Tian Hei (Nightfall)

To our Sydney friend who came in looking for this piece of information:

I am sorry, but I think I wrote the wrong date at the side under “Who’s A-do?”

I just was talking about this with a friend, and she reminded me that it was in April.

A-do’s official website gives the date as 1 April 2002. I did the Chinese equivalent of your Google search, and the different April dates listed on various websites include 1 April 2002, 3 April 2002 and 21 April 2002. Since The Straits Times music review dated 3 May 2002 mentioned that the album had been released for about a month by that time, it is more likely to be 1 April 2002. 1 May 2002 was most probably the day of the Taipei press conference for the album release instead.
I have already amended the album release date written under "Who's A-do?". Sorry once again.

No comments: