Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Winnie Hsin’s The Answer of Love (with her duet with A-do Yue Guang Ri Ji/Moonlight Diary)

Just as I have said in my post about A-do songs I can’t find at online music stores, I bought Winnie Hsin’s 2007 album with her duet with A-do, Yue Guang Ri Ji (Moonlight Diary)



Usually the cover for the cardboard box and the liner notes is identical, so when I pulled out the CD case I inwardly exclaimed, “强いです!”(Sugoi desu, Japanese for “wow!”)

Apart from 《月光日记》Yue Guang Ri Ji (because of A-do), my personal favourites in this album are 《空窗》Kong Chuang (This literally means “empty window”. If someone says in Mandarin that “My romance status is currently “empty window”,” it means that the person does not have a boyfriend/girlfriend.), the 4th track, and 《你还记得爱情吗》Ni Hai Ji De Ai Qing Ma (Do You Still Remember (Our) Love?). Kong Chuan has a faster beat compared to the Winnie Hsin songs usually aired on radio, and Ni Hai Ji De Ai Qing Ma has a Chinese flavoured accompaniment, this being the theme song for the musical 《粱祝》Liang Zhu. (I believe it is the 2003 musical where she acted as the female lead.)

Winnie Hsin’s official fan site: http://www.winniehsin.net/winnie.htm

The songs from this album are in this website’s musical player, and you can listen to part of Yue Guang Ri Ji here.

No comments: